Saturday, March 28, 2009

Armageddon

Armageddon. The end of days. The movie.
Deciding to stay in tonight on a saturday night, i decided to watch what showing on tv, and lo and behold, it was armageddon. one of my favourite movies which i don't 'dare' to watch again. silly isnt it? But it's true. I think this might be the 2nd or 3rd time i've watched it since 1998, which was when it came out. The reason behind my fear of rewatching this movie is due to the part where dear ol Bruce stays behind to blow up the huge rock.The part where he says his goodbye to his daughter is the most heartbreaking. it makes you wonder just what and exactly how much a parent would do for their child's happiness.

All this reminded me of my dad. My father who just turned 59 a few days ago. Yes, 59. one more year to hitting the big six-0. It's all a bit scary to be honest. Knowing that they're not going to be there forever.Even now, across how many thousand miles, he'd still text me after midnight my time to ask where i was, and to go home as soon as i could. All that love and concern which i might have times interpreted as him being controlling from so far away. sigh. It's about time i realized just how old my dad is getting. That he doesn't have the same amount of energy anymore. That the white hair on his head is just going to get thicker.

Happy belated birthday daddy. I love you.





















































Ps: oh right. If you read this in time. EARTH HOUR!! an hour lights off at 8.30pm local time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment