Friday, March 13, 2009

Friends

When I think of the word 'Friends', i think of two things: The hit sitcom which you can never get sick of, and the people that will always have your back no matter what.

Having just come back from a friend's 21st,where there were lots of close friends around and speeches about the birthday girl being made, I started realizing how sad it was to not be able to spend my 21st next year with those that i love. How sad it was that I haven't spent a birthday with my incredible 8 for the past few years. That the only special occasions together would be just Xmas and New years eve, which isn't all that meaningful when we all end up drunk :P

Nonetheless, the birthday party made me see, yet again, just how important friends were. Aristotle once said "What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies". Oh, how true Aristotle is. When i think of my dear friends back home, I can see why we are all still as close as we are now. Because beneath all the slight differences and our individual traits, we are all in fact alike.

True friends are hard to find. Yes, everyone knows that. But i truly believe that I have found my own little group of bridesmaids and best man's. The people that will be able to give speeches on my wedding day. *yes i know im thinking too far away, but a girl can dream can't she? :)

A true friend would stab you in the back, be completely honest with you and tell you if you're wrong or out of line. A true friend would know all your deepest darkest secrets and not judge you and just love you for who you are. I, luckily, have found people like that. I remember my bestest friend telling me, when I was having a hard time figuring myself out, that she'd be there for me no matter what, that she'd be completely honest and be a bitch if need be. Another new friend of mine, who started seeing me for me, both the wacky and emo sides, told me that he would love me for who i was. That he didn't care about my past actions..mistakes, that he'd take me for who i am, just the way i was :)

So this post is to all my darlings, wherever you are. You know who you are. To the new friends made, to the old, to the ones that have fallen out but managed to patch things again... I love you all.


all of us:





































































































and the drinking begins.....






























































































































you know they're your friends when....














they stare openly at you....




















they are there the whole night when you cry your eyes out....














when they tag an empty table with their names on it even after you leave...















when they do this to your locker for an entire company to see.....















when they are willing to share a guy with you....

and lastly, you know they're your friends when you want them to be there during all the milestones in your life.....
















xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment